In Memorium: Roy Scuccimarri (royesses)

Roy, thanks for all that you have contributed to all here at H-M. You will be missed.
My prayers are with you and your family. Looking forward to welcoming your family members.

Z2V, thank you for the prayers. This has brought my family together tighter than ever. I have had great joy in giving away my possessions before i make a will and knowing they will be used by caring people. Every time I give something away I get a feeling of joy and happiness. Now that they will be joining the forum I am very happy.

Roy

Jeez, Roy, I wish words could turn your situation around and keep you here with us. I just cannot believe we are even discussing this. You and I went to high school together, albeit in different locations. We're vets, we're hobby guys together and I feel like I'm losing a brother.

If your son in law and grandsons decide to join the forum, we will take care of them the way you took care of others ... with respect and caring. I will personally look after them as long as I am here.

See you on the other side, Roy.
Thank you Mikey. I've instructed them to let the forum know they are associated with me.
You are my brother.

Roy

I am so sorry about this Roy.
I don't have adequate words to to properly reply. In reading these posts, I feel the sadness, but I also feel pride that I can be in a community with one like you. In all you have been saying, nobody can miss the strength of character, the courage, and the dignity that just blasts through!

I am so sorry about this Roy.
I don't have adequate words to to properly reply. In reading these posts, I feel the sadness, but I also feel pride that I can be in a community with one like you. In all you have been saying, nobody can miss the strength of character, the courage, and the dignity that just blasts through!

Thank You graham-xrf. Your reply and thoughts about the strength of character and dignity show it resides in you. I love the fact that in this forum people from all over the world can be friends and help and respect each other.

Roy

Last edited:
Thank you NC Rick for your thoughts. I am honored by your words and honored to be associated with you and all the members.
Unfortunately the doctors are spot on and the Norman healthplex hospital saved my life 11 years ago with open heart surgery.
My son in law and grandsons are going to join the forum and learn to use my machines and tools. After I showed them the forum they were impressed with the members posts and the depth an scope of the knowledge here. I will get them started tomorrow on the lathe and mill. I am closing one door but opening 3 more this way.
Having your family use your tools and learn your passion is a fantastic legacy. Here they will be amongst friends.
i lost a very good friend in very similar conditions to yours. I was fortunate to have know him and we had some very deep discussions on the subject. He was a hell of a man who i have missed every day during this first year since his passing. He had known he had about 10 years left and stuck to the date pretty closely. The intimacy of the conversations we were able to have was really nice. He was pragmatic (a retired engineer), compassionate and logical to his last day. He lead an amazing and wonderful life and accomplished much. There is so much good in this world, we often get distracted by the negatives. people and family are what make our lives great adventures.

So sorry to hear about your cancer. It's good to hear that your family will be carrying on your legacy. Take this last time you have to say everything that you need to say to people and pass on as much knowledge as you can. And thank you for your contributions to this site.

Roy,
So very sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed your posts very much and your wisdom. My prayers go out to you and to your family. I wish there was something profound to say, but don't have the words to express my feelings.

God bless you and your family and may he keep them from harm.

So sorry to hear about your cancer. It's good to hear that your family will be carrying on your legacy. Take this last time you have to say everything that you need to say to people and pass on as much knowledge as you can. And thank you for your contributions to this site.

Thank you for the great advice. Funny my daughter said to me, Dad we need what is in your head, can we do a file transfer?
I've been trying to empty my head of contents to them. So much is experience that is difficult to put onto words.

Roy

Back