Index 645, Sylmar, CA.

My biggest hold up is that I would like to find one slightly smaller. Model 40 or Rockwell 21-100.

To do precision work, not necessarily large work, you want a heavy machine. You are proposing to pass up a good deal on a great machine so you can wait to possibly find an inferior one. A mistake.

Variable speed, nice size table, very stout, 1hp... the footprint of this machine over the Rockwell is similiar. Wish it were near me, it would already be in my shop making chips :grin:

Well it is on the trailer heading home. Stopped for dinner due to the 2.5hr drive each way. Broke a strap which I found when we stopped but it still did not move as the other straps were holding strong. 1.5hrs left till home. Got 14 R8 collets for another $200 and grabbed a new Mituoyo digital caliper for $100. $2100 into it and I’ll post a thread once daylight.

Sounds like you made a great choice. My south bend mill is in the same weight range and power rating, I love mine. Yours looks to be in much better condition.

Good luck to you.

Got lucky and the construction crew across the street took $40 and used their forklift to take it out of the trailer and put in the garage.

BC06E98E-946F-4AA9-A93B-653FD84ACCFB.jpeg

Back