[4]

indexable carbide cutoff inserts- What fits what?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

solo

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I have a Sandvik holder, inserts are 26.00ea. Holder size is 1 1/4" high 3/32 wide, inserts .120 wide. N151.2-300-5E
I ordered some I thought would work @7.00...TGTN-3 from TTC. Nope. I called, tech guy suggested TGFN-3 from T&O...nope still will not fit the Sandvik holder. Does each manufacture, have their own inserts, that will not exchange with other holders? Can anyone steer me in a direction? I haven't had any luck looking on the net. Thanks Solo

SamI

Registered
The ISO designation system makes it relatively easy to identify inserts and select the right ones however I don’t believe that they cover grooving and parting tools. A number of manufacturers have their own grooving / parting systems that are only compatible with their inserts. I have two parting blades which it appears that tips can be interchanged between them however I suspect this is more down to luck than any kind of standardisation.

Unless this tool is for a specific operation it may prove more cost effective to look for an alternative parting system.

solo

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured, when I couldn't find any kind of chart. And spent $$. I see another holder coming soon. The parting tool is just generic cut off of parts at work. Nothing fancy. I may buy two blades, another one to fit the other inserts that I can't use.
Thanks Solo
I have no ideal why this double posted?

solo

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured, when I couldn't find any kind of chart. And spent $$. I see another holder coming soon. The parting tool is just generic cut off of parts at work. Nothing fancy. I may buy two blades, another one to fit the other inserts that I can't use.
Thanks Solo

[6]
[5] [7]