Indicator and tips for?

Brento

Registered
Registered
Anyone have any idea what you would use this indicator for set up this way?93DDAA51-5D13-40F2-8851-6FC48CCF01B1.jpeg

Brent , Set up which way ? That is a drop indicator . Also called a test indictor . You can mount it on anything you want to measure linear movement .

Thanks Dave. I knew it was a drop indicator with the extension tips. I wasnt sure if anyone had any idea why this person could of had it attached to this aluminum block. I also need a good place i can send this and another indicator out to get cleaned and fixed for a good price.

Federals are good indicators , they merged with Marhs sometime back . I have a box for Federals down the basement as well as the Malhs . Excuse my spelling , but is it sticking ? Bed time for me but I'll check in the am Brent . :)

Additional views needed to comment on the intended purpose of the mount.

I have no personal experience with LIIS, but have read good comments from customers. Lots of good info on the web site.
Don't know about pricing. Very possibly will be high relative to the value of that indicator. Let us know what you find out.
Expect around $15 for a new crystal w/bezel (part only).
Have you googled "calibration services" in your area? Closer to home may be better. I prefer over-the-counter, eyeball-to-eyeball, if possible.

I don't suppose you care how many Federal indicators I have . . . not germane.

dang I have a sticky starrett indicator and that place cant service starrett indicators! I have a few federal indicators they are really strong and built well.

dang I have a sticky starrett indicator and that place cant service starrett indicators! I have a few federal indicators they are really strong and built well.
Send it to Starrett

I have a Starrett that bounces if when you drop the rod and doesnt stay accurate. This federal doesnt seem sticky but it isnt 100% accurate either. Does similar to the same as the Starrett.

Try MR Tool Repair. Mark does great work & is in IL. He doesn't have a website (not sure if that has changed) but I think he does have a FB page (I don't do FB). I just contact him through email. mrtool2010 (at) hotmail (dot) com I think you can call him too. If you search online you can find his full contact info.

Back