Indicator repair,

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone have a good place to get a dial Indicator repaired, In particular new crystal, Have a B&S Bestest That needs a new crystal installed. Or where to get and how to install one. I use it but need a new crystal on it.
Have a couple of others that could use a good cleaning. But would love to get this one going again.

MR tools... look it up. I don't want to post his info. if you can't find it, let me know. I'll pm you.

MR tools... look it up. I don't want to post his info. if you can't find it, let me know. I'll pm you.
I don't see anything on their website about precision tool repair or even precision measuring tools of any type.

Is there a secret handshake?

Anyone have a good place to get a dial Indicator repaired, In particular new crystal, Have a B&S Bestest That needs a new crystal installed. Or where to get and how to install one. I use it but need a new crystal on it.
Have a couple of others that could use a good cleaning. But would love to get this one going again.

My experience is that the places that do calibration will replace your crystal for a minimum charge of $55 (a year ago) as part of their repair/calibration service. In other words, they won't just replace the crystal and hand the DTI back to you. They are in the business of selling their calibration services and will do repairs (if the customer requests/pays) to complete the calibration. They would not sell me parts either. PITA

If you find someone that will simply replace a crystal, please report back here. I have a need for one or two myself.

Back