Indicator stylist tip replacement?

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

Registered
Registered
I bought a Lufkin v60 made by compact and it needs a new stylist. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement or what the thread size isn’t?
If I had the thread size I may be able to use another brand stylist.
FC7C58F5-0299-4987-94B9-1BF13B717CF3.jpeg

Check out Long Island indicator. They have a lot of good information about indicators.
There should be a section for Lufkin that shows what you need.
Joe Hynes

Yes there site is great although ridiculously hard to navigate. They say the parts are no longer available. But I am thinking another stylist with the same thread would work.

Did some more digging. I’m pretty sure it’s a 1.6mm thread and there contact tips available on eBay.

The Lufkin is a relabeled Compac indicator. The stylus for Compac's is a 1.6mm thread, the standard stylus length is 0.72". So check with Long Island Indicator or just about any other indicator parts provider.

Lufkin V60
Lufkin V60.jpg

According to page 205 on the Long Island Indicator site, Compac (not Compact) DTIs use contact points with a 1.6mm thread and many are listed.
In you case (Lufkin branded DTI), I suggest removing the contact point and measuring the thread to determine if it seems to be almost 1.6mm major diameter and .35mm pitch.

http://longislandindicator.com/p205.html

Back