Info needed for installing/setting up pm940m

Guys I read the tramming part for the milling machine and it says shims might be needed. What sizes are mostly used “WxLxH” and possible which are the most economical ones to buy. I guess the tramming will be the first thing to do after installing it in place.

I found these while search Amazon:
Precision Brand Carbon Steel 1008 Shim Stock Assortment, Full Hard Temper, AISI 1008/AISI 1010, ASTM A109 for Chemistry, 0.001", 0.002", 0.003", 0.005" Thick, 6" Width, 50" Length (Pack of 4) https://a.co/d/gpJlfSi

I found these on harbor freight now. Or am I exaggerating the error on the milling machine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 22
I got a feeler gauge to to use it to find the final adjustments or to find if alignment is smaller then 1/64 I am just guessing here as I never did it before but for 4.99$ got the feeler gauge.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Tim

Oh second thought I will get to more feeler gauges and remove them from the holder and use them instead. After finding the correct thickness maybe will use the leveling epoxy stuff a German YouTube used “I forgot the name right now”

I think you will find that you need shims that are as thin as 0.0003” (3 tenths) to do a proper job. Kitchen aluminum foil and cigarette wrapping papers are in that range.

I think you will find that you need shims that are as thin as 0.0003” (3 tenths) to do a proper job. Kitchen aluminum foil and cigarette wrapping papers are in that range.
I have both in quantities anyway will use the other shims to level the machinery and other stuff that I neglected “kitchen”

What are the sizes that most guys need to get for this job?

Back