Inlaid Print?

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
My son has been reading a book for his high school literature class. He has to do a project and it turns out the co-authors have a YouTube channel. No surprise there in this day and age. He wanted their logo printed as part of the project so we found one on Thingiverse. Pretty ugly print, I had it at .28mm layer height and it printed with infill as well. Took about 1hr45min with a filament change between colors. He still thinks its pretty cool.

The flames just about snap-fit into the base and a little krazy glue took care of any risk of losing them.

IMG-5780.JPG

Isnt there some trick you can do with acetone or maybe a heatgun or something that will "polish" out that surface finish up to a high gloss finish or is that more dependent on the material you used? I have no clue what im talking about here but I remember seeing something along those lines somewhere!

Last edited:
Pretty cool. I actually watch GMM daily.

Isnt there some trick you can do with acetone or maybe a heatgun or something that will "polish" out that surface finish up to a high gloss finish or is that more dependent on the material you used? I have no clue what im talking about here but I remember seeing something alone those lines somewhere!
I have heard this as well and watched some guy "soak" his parts in acetone vapors on YouTube. Haven't tried it yet but will find an excuse to do so some day.

Acetone only works on ABS and ABS related materials. PLA and PETG laugh at acetone.

Back