Innards of wedge type QCTP?

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
A member of another forum I'm on was asking about a problem with a QCTP. I assumed he meant the piston type, which I'm familiar with, so I wrote up a quickie on how to disassemble & service. No joy. He needs info on the wedge type.

Does anybody know of a link to either a parts diagram, or possibly some info/photos on how to disassemble/service them?

Many thanks!

There is/was a topic on the wedge post very early in this site's history. Will have to search for it.
Pierre

So you want the info given to you here so you can post it on another forum?:nuts:

There is not much to them. Just a large screw and 4 wedges. Deburr and lube the screw threads and the 4 wedges as well if required.

Instruction Manual from Phase II. Found on the web.
Pierre

Attachments

• Phase2plus_QCTP.pdf
    302.4 KB · Views: 165
So you want the info given to you here so you can post it on another forum?:nuts:

... just trying to help somebody out.

By the way, I'm always careful to paraphrase and not give out names when cross-posting, unless I've secured prior permission. At least, that's what I understand of "netiquette".

I'd like to see what the innards of both types look like too!

OK ... Your wish is our command!

Pierre (pdentrem) posted a PDF of what a wedge-type QCTP looks like.

Here's a PDF I just got done with, explaining the innards of the piston-type QCTP.

View attachment QCTP.pdf

Back