Installed an X Axis Power Feed on my Bridgeport Mill

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Easy to install. A couple of brackets needed to have the holes enlarged slightly. Took about an hour and a half.

Attachments

• IMG_9094.JPG
    IMG_9094.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9096.JPG
    IMG_9096.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 86
Wow, something still made in the US? :)
Nice upgrade, probably last longer than the import ones
-Mark

That looks good what did you have previously on there for power feed ???

That looks good what did you have previously on there for power feed ???

I just bought the Bridgeport 2 weeks ago. It had no power feed (other than the quill).

For the last 25 years or so I have gotten by with a 6x26 Enco knee mill. I had an Enco X axis power feed on that, and have had no problems with it. In addition to being bigger, the Bridgeport is far more complex. I'm enjoying the learning curve.

Attachments

• Enco 6x26 mill.JPG
    Enco 6x26 mill.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 67
Good deal that sounds like your stepping up in the right direction!! I too have a older Bridgeport J-Head milling machine mine has the old style gear box power feed on it that I have had to work on several times in the past (I bough another power feed for donor parts) and I keep saying that the next time it breaks I’m going to get a servo type and put on . I have just never used one .did your just bolt right on or did you have to make a adapter shaft to connect to the lead screw or did you get it as a kit ??
Either way I think you’ll be pretty happy with the Bridgeport

Good deal that sounds like your stepping up in the right direction!! I too have a older Bridgeport J-Head milling machine mine has the old style gear box power feed on it that I have had to work on several times in the past (I bough another power feed for donor parts) and I keep saying that the next time it breaks I’m going to get a servo type and put on . I have just never used one .did your just bolt right on or did you have to make a adapter shaft to connect to the lead screw or did you get it as a kit ??
Either way I think you’ll be pretty happy with the Bridgeport

The Servo & kit fell right on. It included everything needed. A couple of brackets had 3/8" holes that I had to run a 3/8" drill bit through to clean up. The unit cost $690.00 plus tax & shipping.

When I installed the Enco power feed on my old 6x26 mill, I had to fabricate just about everything to make it fit. This time it was a breeze.

Since you already have a power feed, your lead screw is probably different than mine. I think Servo has a different kit that addresses that.

I will have to look into that if I have anymore problems with the old style gear box one that I have now it’s great when it works but when it doesn’t it’s just a hassle to try and fix !!!! Thanks for the info

Back