Interesting "vintage" project

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I saw this in a forward-forward-forward email from a friend ... bunch of vintage photos. This one caught my eye. Way beyond my skill level. Wonder if "Clickspring" has ever seen it ... bet he could do it, and it would make a great youtube.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 3.58.57 PM.jpg

So, in the 1500's home shop machinists had considerable knowledge of things astronomical. Arguably, more than we (well, certainly, more than me) have now.

So, what we need now is a ring that unfolds into speed and feed charts, tap drill sizes and metric to SAE conversions.. ;-)

MK

I'm about to stick mine in a bench vise and crush it. Power gets down around 65-70% and shuts itself off.
Something is wrong with a power diode thinga-ma-jiggy.
I've waited twenty-five years for this tech, and there's always a catch.
That rant over, I've got a decent clunker I use out in the shop which I've loaded up with all the apps pertinent to our hobbyies.

Just drill a hole in your smart phone. Bam done! :D

Am I the only one that immediately thought that the writing translated to "be sure to drink your Ovaltine"? :xmaslights:
Durn! I never did send in my box tops. [Forgot who the radio hero was, or the storyteller, but recall a couple details of the story - like the bathroom being the only private place he could use to decode what turned out to be a "lousy commercial."]

Durn! I never did send in my box tops. [Forgot who the radio hero was, or the storyteller, but recall a couple details of the story - like the bathroom being the only private place he could use to decode what turned out to be a "lousy commercial."]
It was Little Orphan Annie and Mr. Pierre Andre I think?

Geez, ACHiPo, now ya got me going! It was indeed Little Orphan Annie. But Pierre Andre just didn't ring a bell. So I tried the Google. From what I can tell, Pierre Andre was the announcer. The comedy/reminiscence I recall hearing (most likely on the radio in Chicago around 1965) was probably somebody like Woody Allen

Back