International Time Recorder Master Clock Movement

morgans

Registered
Registered
:biggrin: Ok this was something I did not have sitting in my shop when it got wipped out. And it one of my most important things, This was never installed in a clock still has part of the shipping crate left, the rest of the box got wet before I got and was thrown out, that in it self was a big loss , but I have this, On the fence to leave as is or put in case, really not sure. I restore all kins of clocks, No korean No china , No japan, I'll be putting up a new website soon as my shop is liveable almost there, I restore anything mechincal. So after being invited to the board, I thought I'd start posting, nice thing about this board its a everything board anyone board with no drama or games, my hats off to the guy who started this. I'm into Indrustrial Time keepers as far as personal collection and looking to replace ones I lost. So here is the movement.

:drool:pic1.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic1.jpg

I would clean it up and mount it on a nicely finished oak back board. Let everyone see the movement. Is there a way to mount hands to it so you could actually use it as a clock?

Tom

I would clean it up and mount it on a nicely finished oak back board. Let everyone see the movement. Is there a way to mount hands to it so you could actually use it as a clock?

Tom

Hello Tom
This is a weight driven master clock movement case size is almost 6 feet tall, Long Pendulum, and two very heavy weights about 10 pounds each, they are very cool clocks,running old clocks in factory or school system, still on the fence as it is Historical in the respect it never got install and its on part of the old shipping crate along with factory cord tieing it, these are one of the hard mechs to find,the auto wind barrel is much different then the ones that started coming out around 1925. I'm considering just framing the packing and building a case, the orginal cases were either distroyed or cut down.
Regards

Weight driven? What is the motor for?

Tom

I have a couple of Cincinnati mechanical time clocks in my collection. One of them is in working order. The other one or two need some work. The movement is the standard Seth Thomas large time clock time and strike movement. If you want photos of one of the cases, let me know. One of mine is the "zipper" version, and the other is standard. Don't ask me why I bought these- I normally collect German box and mantle clocks. But the idea of a clock that was used in the workplace just appealed to me so I bought two or three. The hardest part is finding the lock for the door and key intact, but I have it.

Yours is a master, much more complicated than the ones I have.
I'm going to restore the cases on mine- makes them worth less, but I like the way they look. The cases were solid oak and took a beating.

Nelson

I have a couple of Cincinnati mechanical time clocks in my collection. One of them is in working order. The other one or two need some work. The movement is the standard Seth Thomas large time clock time and strike movement. If you want photos of one of the cases, let me know. One of mine is the "zipper" version, and the other is standard. Don't ask me why I bought these- I normally collect German box and mantle clocks. But the idea of a clock that was used in the workplace just appealed to me so I bought two or three. The hardest part is finding the lock for the door and key intact, but I have it.

I'm going to restore the cases on mine- makes them worth less, but I like the way they look. The cases were solid oak and took a beating.

Nelson

Good Morning Nelson
As far as refinishing- your not killing the Value. Reason that people have said do not refinish some items , is that China has reproduced, and back yard guys have reproduced high dollar clocks, Ithaca Clocks for one example, China has manange to kill most of the Antique market. As far as time recorders restoring them to once was is perfectly fine and only in creases the value, they are a very cool old clock. Here is one other example early furniture painted IE: Jelly Cabinets And Farm tables are faked alot, but most people do not know what they are looking at. You will kill the value if wood is poorly replaced( using new wood).The German market got hit with repro clocks, just look at ebay,weight driven the guy in mid west and CA selling crap on ebay as well as Cuckoo Trumpet clocks, I can go on and on with this, this is why I do not belong nor go on the National Board:mad:, I'm a purest when it comes to repairs, just because I repaint my lathes a different color did not kill the value as they are not a fake machine, yes color, not right but my personal choice as I'm using it not placing in musuem , in that case I would restore to once was, color wise, if you deside you want to sell let me know,I also swap labor for clocks

I will be rebuilding my inventory here shorthly,I do get locks, right now,I have to replace a couple that got toasted in flood that belonged to clients, I should have some and fully stocked up in Aug of this year.making alot of changes right now so mother nature does not get back in my shop.

Anyways my new website will be up shorthly, in mean time just PM me and I'll give you my contact info.:holdphone: Have a good day Chris

Nelson

Nelson
Sorry I forgot, In restoring these, there are a couple things you do not chnage that will kill value is orginal lables and dials, somethings you leave along depending on the extent of damaged if dial needs to be replaced antique it,putting on a high gloss shinny dial ( that I would not by, try to leave charater marks in your restorations,cleaning repairing and restoring has to be done right, when my sites back up you will see,refinishing the case needs to have color that represents the time period and age of clock, So with this being said I get them in wear people did kill the value but I was able to bring it back to old, sorry if this sounds confusing will explain better when I wake up its only 6 in the morning I need thirty more cups of coffee:drool:

Back