Inverter microwave

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anything worth getting out of a failed unit safely?

Those don't contain the coveted iron-core transformer so perhaps not. Maybe the big magnets on the magnetron but be careful of the beryllium spacers, the dust from those is toxic and carcinogenic.
The timer might be useful too
-Mark

I was wondering about the magnets, but I'm not real enthusiastic about the beryllium.

I have about 30 magnets out of microwaves. Comes In handy for holding wrenches. Screwdrivers. Nuts. Bolts whatever.

Try to capture and clean up any traces of that material- it really is hazardous. They use it because of it's amazing heat transfer and electrical insulating properties. It's like asbestos as far as inhalation hazard
-M

Whenever we machined Beryllium we were suited up . I believe the dust was not the issue . The problem was when the coolant and dust formed a mist that possibly could be inhaled in the machining process . Either way , avoid it if at all possible .

The control panel can be useful, as can the micro-switches, high-voltage cap, HV diode, cooling fan and usually turntable motor. I haven't seen an inverter model on the inside, but possibly the inverter can be useful.

Thank you guys, I think I'll step away from it. I do not know enough to not get myself in trouble. :) I'm Leary of the dust, and HV capacitors.

the Beryllium oxide causes beryllosis or something and it fills your lungs with water and there is no cure. the hv transformer cam be rewired to be a high amp one.my pa had one and it shorted out and he plugged it in to show us and it sounded nasty but we shorted the cap and salvaged parts

Back