Resolved Is it possible to ignore specific forums when I hit new posts?

Flyinfool

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Is it possible to ignore specific forums when I hit new posts?

There are some forums that I do not wish to see at all Is there a way for me to block them from showing up when I select "New Posts"?

That is a good question. I don't think that is an option or feature in our software. But I will check with the manual and developer to see if there is something like that.

Upvote 0
I thought I would ask because I use it on some other sites.

Upvote 0
I don't think so, either. Although it is sometimes much harder to prove a negative than a positive. But I have had another look at the tops of several Fora. In this context, there is an option to flag a Forum as Watched, or if you turn that off, the Forum by default becomes Un-watched or not watched.

What I have done for years is to click on the FORUMS tab in the main tool bar (f it isn't already highlighted) and roll the mouse wheel down about half a revolution. A down-arrow button (actually an inverted triangle) should appear on the right side of the FORUMS tab. Click on that down-arrow and near the bottom of the window that appears is Watched Forums. Click on that and you get a list of all new threads and new posts in existing threads in all of your Watched Fora. Unfortunately, any new posts in un-watched Fora that you might be interested in or that the sender put into the wrong Forum will not appear. An IGNORE button would be much better but I do not think that it exists.

Upvote 0
I forgot to add that the list of Fora that appears will be all watched ones. Those with one or more new posts will be displayed in BOLD. And when you click on one of the BOLD ones, all threads in that Forum will appear but the Subject or name of any with new posts will be in BOLD. Until you click on one and open it. Next time through, that one will not be shown in BOLD unless it has more un-read threads posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Turns out there is an add-on that will enable this feature. I'm looking into getting it installed soon. Will run this scenario by the staff to determine which permission level this paid add-on will be enabled for. Diamond Donation Level for sure @Flyinfool

thanks for the suggestion!

Upvote 0
Good news @Flyinfool. We have installed an add-in for Donation levels Gold and above that will allow users to Ignore a Thread or Forum. Look to the upper right hand side of the thread and you will see an Ignore Thread button.

Upvote 0
Great, thank you, I did notice the recent update, But did not notice the new button till you mentioned it.

Upvote 0
Back