Is it worth it

Hi Everybody.
I posted in the wrong thread so I asked it be delete over there and repost here, sorry.
Got it home today and in the shop. Murphy was on vacation and I didn't call him come along:)). Here are few Pixs, It will take me three weeks to go though all the boxes of tools, cutters, boring bars, taping heads every drill chuck is a Jacobs, I even have on for the spindle it threads on like a chuck or backing plate. I have 3 sizes of backing plates and drive dogs up to 1.5" Carbide drills from 1" to 2" 2 sises of 4 jaw, 2 sise 3 jaw. I have taper fixture, a turret thingy that goes on at the tail stock, tapping heads at least 2, the guy just kept giving me stuff. so kept loading. Then I asked how much I owed him and he said 1500.00 Wow we agreed on 17 I mumbled, he said most of the stuff look old and used incomplete tools etc. so he would knock off 200.00. Out came the bank envelope and 15 crip new 100 dollar bills went from my hand to his. Now I know your all going to think I'm making this up to make it sound like I got really good deal, but I'm not. We have a say around the house that the only luck I have is only bad luck, My wife calls it the Perdue Luck. Let me tell you is right most of the time, well all of the time.
Today it looks like I didn't get crapped on. I was really bummed out when he didn't want to deal a little and that he may just sell it to some one else, but I hung in there and it paid off.:lmao: We just don't see really nice well cared for lathes like this out here in the west(Colorado) there is not even a lot farms out here mostly Ranching. Now for the Pix. We got another storm coming Friday but will get her up an running asap.
Thanks again all.
CH

- - - Updated - - -

Here is just some of the tools I got with the lathe. It will be a week or more before I can sort these out.
CH

002.JPG 003.JPG 010.JPG 018.JPG 015.JPG 019.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG 015.JPG 013.JPG 012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to say CH, I only fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!thats turn key wowwww aint ya glad now

sam

That great moment when you realize that you were sold tooling at a fair price and given the lathe it works with...lol Same thing happened to me ...Best of luck with your fine new machine .....This is a great forum to ask and answer question ...Gotta love old US Iron IMHO

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm happy for ya.... You did really well. You might not realize how much money you just saved on tooling. You just bought a turn-key lathe setup at a very reasonable price with all the doodads, you could probably ever want.

Congratulations!:applause:

Marcel

CH--I'm very happy for you---good bargains and savings happen to good people---CONGRATULATIONS----Dave

Well it looks to me that your luck just changed. Good luck with the new lathe.

Paul

That my friend was a great deal. Really like the lever tailstock. Even got a qctp... youre set!

Thanks All.

I really feel fortunate. I will be on a steep learning curve for while.
Happy Machining
CH

As the kids say today.. "DUDE.. You scored!" :roflmao:

Congrats and enjoy the new "toys".

Back