Resolved Is there a way to reduce the number of emails? Help me get this setup correctly

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Perhaps I am not doing this correctly. I don't mind getting alerts, but I'd rather not have an email from HM for every thread I've responded to. It's not bad on my computer, but on my phone, it's eating into my phone backup space. What is the recommended configuration to do this? I thought I had deselected emails in my profile, but I am still getting loads of emails. Hopefully it is something I missed.

Using a computer, not your cell phone, click on your User ID near the right end of the main toolbar. That takes you to your Account. Uncheck the boxes at the left ends of the three email-related questions. To make sure that they are inactive, click on Privacy. The same three questions should appear, among other things. Look through the rest of the choices to be sure that the account is set as you want it to be.

While you are in there, set up your signature, which is typically your first name but doesn't have to be. You can also see when your donation expires and some other things.

Upvote 0
I had unchecked the boxes on the inner boxes of the email questions, not the outer ones. Don't know why that wouldn't work, but I went and unchecked the left most boxes. Hope that will help some.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
You may also be getting excessive "Alerts" which can be configured in "Preferences".

Upvote 0
You may also be getting excessive "Alerts" which can be configured in "Preferences".
Alerts are transient. As far as I know, they don't take storage. I don't mind them if I am on my computer. Probably could tone them down a bit.

I think I am getting "what did you buy today emails still", most everything else has calmed down. We do seem to have some prolific buyers some days :).

Upvote 0
Yes, if you have disabled email alerts then you should see a massive reduction in your inbox.

Upvote 0
Alerts are transient. As far as I know, they don't take storage. I don't mind them if I am on my computer. Probably could tone them down a bit.

I think I am getting "what did you buy today emails still", most everything else has calmed down. We do seem to have some prolific buyers some days :).
You can also "unsubscribe" to a thread email notification by "Unwatch"ing it. Click the Unwatch button near the top right of the thread.

Upvote 0
You can also "unsubscribe" to a thread email notification by "Unwatch"ing it. Click the Unwatch button near the top right of the thread.
Thanks. Didn't remember that.

Upvote 0
Back