Is this a good mill to buy (Cincinnati Toolmaster 1d)

I also should have said I have a lathe it's just... It was $125 and is 100 years old and was abused for half it's life. It's a Seneca falls star lathe and it is a 11" swing I think

I have a 9" Seneca Falls Star, they're good machines if a bit dated. I paid $300 for mine 15 years ago so you probably got a deal. Check @Richard King 2 for info on rebuilding your Bridgeport if it needs to be better for the work you do.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to machines, save your cash and be ready when the right deal comes along.

John

I have a 9" Seneca Falls Star, they're good machines if a bit dated. I paid $300 for mine 15 years ago so you probably got a deal. Check @Richard King 2 for info on rebuilding your Bridgeport if it needs to be better for the work you do.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to machines, save your cash and be ready when the right deal comes along.

John
I seem to have problems with saving my money. I started restoring the lathe I have and am already looking for my next project... It's kinda a problem of mine but my father keeps me in line most of the time

Listen to your father, he might not know everything but he probably knows more than you ;)

John

Unfortunately they are the scrap yard and that price is apparently the only way they will make more profit than scraping it.

Don't believe them . Take 3 Benjamins in and deal with them . Scrap isn't worth that kind of $$$$ in Upstate NY . I give mine to my neighbors up in Herkimer County . I have to pay the scrappers to take the stuff being I'm not a permanent resident . :rolleyes:

Without powering it up, you'll never know for sure. But I would have worked harder to buy it unless there was a glaring problem. The Cincinnati 1D is a solid machine, makes a Bridgeport seem flimsy.

Back