Is this a vintage bandsaw or what?

Without knowing more than the pic.
I'd guess a die filer with scroll saw flexibility.
Really neat.
Any more pics available? Especially of the mechanism...

Daryl
MN

Yes, it looks like a filing machine. Just be careful, these things can bite fingers. I have heard that many people slow the speed a bit to give better control. I have one and used it a few times. I haven't slowed mine down yet but it is on my list of thing to do.

Paul

Wow! that is a flux delux one.

Is there a name cast in anywhere. They come in very handy, when profiling little pieces,and making sharp inside corners.

Good find!:thanks:

It is a very complex die filer as said. I have 3,but nothing like that! Mine are bench models,though one of mine is the very beautifully made Duplex Die Filer.

They all do run way too fast. That destroys the files too quickly. I put a variable speed motor on 2 of mine and it is SOOOOOOO much better to use. any,MUCH easier on the expensive,hard to find die filer files.

Yours looks like it might have a 3 phase motor on it,which makes it easy fot you to attach a VFD to it ti dial in the speed you want to oscillate the files.

Thank you guys!

It is the last part from a shop inventory in an old castle. I've now leaved a message on the sellers phone that I'll buy it and hope I'll get it !

There are no more pics but they will come if I can put my hands on it :) It is a beautiful piece anyway and just needs to be cleaned and maintained.

Good find I hope you are able to buy it. Does someone have a picture of the files that you would use on these machines. thomas s

Got a message that the beautiful old machine is mine now !

It is of course a very expensive machine since it has a substantial machine-historical value... Seventy (70) hard earned dollars comes to use :thumbsup:

I think I need to repost the pic once more so I can have a good look again :))

2565653144.jpg

2565653144.jpg

Good on ya, Micke. Looks like a great old machine.

Back