Is this worth it?

ChuckB

Active User
Registered
I posted this in the "for sale" section, but am thinking about looking at it for myself. The guy is about 100 miles each way from me. If I bought this stuff, it would be only to resale to support my hobby. Some of the stuff is not pictured. What do you think?

Here is his CL ad and pictures he sent me.. apparently of the two Atlas lathes..

These are older Atlas Lathes, a 10 and 12" lathe. They have not been used in at least a decade so suffer from some hanger rash. Both are partially disassembled - one motor missing but in overall good shape, especially the ways (some surface rust). The shaper is completely disassembled.
Some spare parts for the lathes and shaper are here too, but rather mixed in with each other.
so if you are looking for older equipment to work with, and don't mind putting it back together - here's your chance. The Terco CNC mill has the monitor and control head. I have never powered it on, but it supposedly worked before I acquired it. The asking price for everything is $500 (or on a whim if you have a 100# anvil to trade??) or best offer. Drop me a line - let's make a deal

cid_CC7FBD98-ED83-49D6-81DD-2A8E8B7E5064.jpg

cid_ED0D9B59-F746-4B2B-A33C-FF3E8A4B8CA1.jpg

cid_EC3AA50E-B5E8-4A77-B7FC-D6D4213DEDFD.jpg

cid_3F0A83D1-EAE4-46EA-8966-E3C637FFF3A8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you could get your moneys worth and then some, If there is 2 sets of legs they go pretty high. You could part out the Lathes have you checked out the prices on ebay. And maybe keep the shaper if you don"t have one.

Paul

I didn't want to tell the guy i'd take it until I looked at it. He just emailed me back and stated that someone said they would take it all and pick it up Monday.. I guess I could have told him the same.. would have been a little dishonest of me though..

Oh well I got too many projects going on anyway, not to mention i'm running out of space..

Hey Dave, you might be getting a small package in the mail today (or Monday!) ;)

chengdave2003 link=topic=1113.msg5159#msg5159 date=1298137473 said:
Chuck,

I got it today. THANK YOU! But my wife is going to be ****ed at you cause now she'll lose me in the shop AND with the machining movies you've recorded. ;D

Wow! And a Leatherman. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

You really didn't have to do that!

Dave

Hey, payback is a b**ch!

Actually, I am quite happy to find the leatherman a good home and also someone to share my downloading/DVD burning efforts. There's about 12 hours of instruction. Most of it is elementry to you, but just like the motorcycle safety course, even an experienced rider can gain some knowledge. Enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back