Issue with NMTB30 tooling I just bought.

Trust me.....a power draw bar is lots faster. You don't need a wrench to loosen the nut, not even have a spindle brake on. Push button, the tool drops out, push button tool goes in....5 second tool change with out busting your knuckles.
Some spindles were hollow, some not. Mine was solid, so I drilled it out. It wasn't that hard once I got past the case hardened skin. I used a 1/2 carbide tipped drill to start, then finished up with HSS bit on an extension. I went with a Maxi Torque-Rite power unit and a 1/2-13 draw bar.
Once you have a power draw bar, you won't know how you lived without one.

A power drawbar is nice, but the Erickson quick change is a close second. I would not bother changing it.

Maybe I forgot to mention that my machine is cnc, that makes a big difference.

Mine is CNC as well. I haven't used it yet except for a few months ago when I chucked up a Sharpie in the one single endmill holder that I had, and drew some stuff on plywood with it. I bought it FEB2017 with the old 1988 Dynapath system in it and gutted it, then built a LinuxCNC controller for it. I blew all the money I had on the machine and then spent some money that I didn't have, to build the controller. I've only just now recouped to the point I can start buying tooling for it. And cheap import tooling at that. It was hard to watch my baby sit there for months, resto-rodded out, ready to go, and just collecting dust.

This started out as a hobby but I'm at the point now where this machine had better pull its weight and make me some money or I won't be able to justify investing any more into it.

Mine is CNC as well. I haven't used it yet except for a few months ago when I chucked up a Sharpie in the one single endmill holder that I had, and drew some stuff on plywood with it. I bought it FEB2017 with the old 1988 Dynapath system in it and gutted it, then built a LinuxCNC controller for it. I blew all the money I had on the machine and then spent some money that I didn't have, to build the controller. I've only just now recouped to the point I can start buying tooling for it. And cheap import tooling at that. It was hard to watch my baby sit there for months, resto-rodded out, ready to go, and just collecting dust.

This started out as a hobby but I'm at the point now where this machine had better pull its weight and make me some money or I won't be able to justify investing any more into it.

You can make money with this equipment? Wow! Better not tell my wife as she'll expect me to have it start paying for itself. :wink:

-Ron

Back