It's a Start!

jbolt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
When we moved here I had promised my wife I would update the house before doing any more work on the shop. She doesn't want to move too much into the house before we remodel.

I soon realized that wasn't possible. I had to have the shop at least semi organized so I could find things. Having stuff in boxes doesn't work and makes things worse when you start opening them up to find things. So I moved all the household boxes I could to make room for organizing.

When we were using the shop for storage I had put 2' deep platforms, 8' high to store the lighter things. I extended some of those to create more upper storage and "work zones".

Machines are placed and ready for power. Basic layout is done. I started running conduit for power. First item to get wired is a shop heater.

Right side, 1st bay is for fastener & hardware storage and my materials rack, 2nd bay is woodworking and my small cnc-router, 3rd bay is tools and automotive, 4th will be storage for now.
20211114_172911.jpg

Left side, 1st bay is metal cutting, welding, heat treating and grinding/sanding, 2nd will be for my small cnc-plasma cutter that still needs to be assembled, 3rd & 4th are machine tools.

20211114_172952.jpg

Machining area, A work station will be along the partition wall for a PC and soldering station.

20211114_173010.jpg

Unfortunately my tractor and riding mower have to live in the shop for now. After we finish remodeling I am hoping to add 12' to the side of the shop for additional storage and garage for the tractor, implements, lawn and garden stuff.

That's a great start!

But, I am jealous of all that open floor space......

-brino

That's a great start!

But, I am jealous of all that open floor space......

-brino
Thanks brino, my previous space (2 car garage) had no open floor space which I hated. Having room to work on things was a must.

In the new shop my free standing work bench and welding tables will be on casters so I can get my 20' long crew cab truck inside to work on if need be.

Back