It's hard to get motivation to work when it's 2 minus in the shop

I’m with you on the gas heat. Heat pumps s..k

25/- 4 C to 30 F -1 C is a heat wave for me me, high today here in Minnesota (Siberia of USA) it's suppose to be 14 F / -10 C and at 6:00 AM it was - - 10 F /-23.3 C. I have to get ready to drive to Texas next Tuesday and I have one of those propane blower heaters I turn on for an hour in the garage so it heats up to 35 F or so to organize my tools. I just asked Alexa what's the temp in Navasota Texas is now, where I will be driving down to. She (artificial Intelligent talking computer I got for Xmas) said 15 min ago it was 64F and hgh today 70 F. I wish I could Star Trek transport so i didn't have to drive 3 days to get to Texas and I wish I could stay down there the rest of the winter as a matter of fact..lol.., but the wife get a bit upset if I did...long sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Jeez. I know I complain about my small one car garage shop, but with my 70000 BTU natural gas hot dog unit heater it only takes 10 minutes to warm it up to 21 degrees C.

The 5' snow bank beside my truck used to be 7' until the layer of freezing rain compressed it down.
My front lawn has 2' feet of virgin snow right now.

I'm sure I'll get the "Ohhh yeahhh!? Hold my beer!" replies, but this has been quite the snowy year for us.
IMG_20180212_210944.jpg

So, what was that about hoping for winter?

Would have been a great shop day yesterday, temp got up close to 70°F (21°C) - Hallelujah!
Pulled down the trap off the inside of the one garage door and opened up the shop! - Salute Mother Nature!
(After covering all exposed metal surfaces on the machinery to prevent condensation...)
Perfect time to pudder around the shop - right?
Actually no.
The bearing in the pulley on the belt tensioner on Honey's (19yo) vehicle decided it wanted attention. (about that Beer mentioned above...)
Instead of leaning over the carriage of a lathe or the table on the mill I was leaning over the fender of an older Cadillac.

And today it was 49°F (9.4°C), which granted, is nowhere near the freezing point of H2O and decent compared to what all is further up north...
Now about the water seepage in the basement from all the rain this weekend........

And looking at the snow and the icicles hanging from the Silverado in the picture above, I am hoping for an early spring up North!

Only problem is, i can heat the garage, but once it's 32c outside, I have no means to cool the garage...

91.4'f and 91% humidity at the moment. Cant air condition the workshop as its open at one end. Absolutely no breeze, sheer hell.
At least fingers dont stick to the tools but they slip off and leave rust marks.
Winter should plunge the temps down to 72'F and humidity down to 55/60% Ahhhh, heaven

The 5' snow bank beside my truck used to be 7' until the layer of freezing rain compressed it down.
My front lawn has 2' feet of virgin snow right now.

I'm sure I'll get the "Ohhh yeahhh!? Hold my beer!" replies, but this has been quite the snowy year for us.
View attachment 257917

So, what was that about hoping for winter?
Hi hi Hold my beer View from my balcony. Luckily it's not every year there is so much snow

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0312.JPG

Back