It's Snowing!

Still raining over here where we are in QLD Australia.
We are going on 8 months of wet.
We get a day or two off every now and then, but man it is wet wet wet!
Sick of it!

I'm glad to hear somebody is getting moisture. We've had only 1 1/2 inches of rain so far this year. Yesterday it was 111 F, today it was 103. It's looking to be a really bad year this year. I'll probably be forced to sell off cattle soon if we don't start getting some rain. We've had less than half the amount of rain we usually get. They say it's the 28th driest year in the last 128 here.

I think our forecasters are out thinking their forecasts.
Weve had a fair bit of rain for the last couple of days and the forecasts are usually pretty accurate.
Todays was
Cloudy. (it was, no sun anywhere) Very high chance of showers tending to rain at times. (it did, most of the day) The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southeasterly in the evening.
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High] .... Eh? Ultra thick clouds all day

Tomorows is
Cloudy. Very high chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds easterly 20 to 30 km/h.
Fire Danger - Low-Moderate
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]
Possible rainfall: 40 to 60 mm Chance of any rain: 95%
Moderate chance of fires? Not a snowballs chance in hell the place is so sodden.

Then from Friday to next monday its partly cloudy and sunny, no rain forecast but strangely now the sun will be shining no UV index warning.

I think our forecasters are out thinking their forecasts.
Weve had a fair bit of rain for the last couple of days and the forecasts are usually pretty accurate.
Todays was
Cloudy. (it was, no sun anywhere) Very high chance of showers tending to rain at times. (it did, most of the day) The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southeasterly in the evening.
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High] .... Eh? Ultra thick clouds all day

Tomorows is
Cloudy. Very high chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds easterly 20 to 30 km/h.
Fire Danger - Low-Moderate
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]
Possible rainfall: 40 to 60 mm Chance of any rain: 95%
Moderate chance of fires? Not a snowballs chance in hell the place is so sodden.

Then from Friday to next monday its partly cloudy and sunny, no rain forecast but strangely now the sun will be shining no UV index warning.
Well Charles and @sycle1 , that's better than the fire forecast.
As long as you are not having mud slides, and severe flooding it's an improvement.

I don't like rain everyday for months, but I'll take it over fire any day.

I suppose we could buy some rain from the Aussies, but by the time it gets here, what with the supply chain issues it will all have evaporated like are retirement savings. Mike

It's been snowing intermittently since Sunday, building up and melting off. Drove down to the valley for groceries today. Almost needed chains to get home.
20220510_144432[1].jpg

It's 3:00 pm and 34° F, don't think we'll hit the 42° forecast. Saturday high is forecast 71°.

1652219761050.png

Being a weatherman is the job. What other job can you be wrong 90% of the time and still have a job getting paid 6 figures, while people still look to see what you think???1651717951605-png.png

Being a weatherman is the job. What other job can you be wrong 90% of the time and still have a job getting paid 6 figures, while people still look to see what you think???
Professional baseball player is right up there. A .333 batting average is a star.

Back