Jet 1024 PGH

RWHunter

Registered
Registered
Newbie here just acquired a Jet 1024 PGH that previous owner in wired the motor. It is a 220v 3 phase. I have a phase converter. I am not sure how to reconnect the wires. It is 2 speed and reversible. Also has 6 terminals an 6 wires. Only marked U,U1,V,V1,W,andW1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.IMG_1284.jpegIMG_1285.jpeg

You definitely need a wiring diagram for that motor. Any model numbers or other way to identify it?
As I understand it, 3 phase uses three terminals. Usually U, W and V and reversing any two inputs will cause the motor to rotate in the opposite direction. Pretty much a WAG on my part, but I think this motor may be a dual voltage motor, maybe 220 and 440 or some such other combination. You would use U, W and V for one voltage and U1, W1 and V1 for the other voltage.
Hopefully this will give you something to use in your search for answers and hopefully someone else will know the exact correct answer.
Please let us know what you find out.

If no wire diagram. Use an ohm meter and try and match which wire go to each coil in the motor. Being two speed complicates things some. A two speed motor should have two sets of windings. Look on the motor id plate and check to see if it is a dual voltage motor also. Hopefully one of the electrical whiz’s will step up and give a better answer. It would help it you could show the motor Id plate.

I believe the wires correspond to the terminals: 3 of them have a 1 and 3 don't
So the 1s go to 4,5,6, the remaining 3 go to 1,2,3

Last edited:
Newbie here just acquired a Jet 1024 PGH that previous owner in wired the motor. It is a 220v 3 phase. I have a phase converter. I am not sure how to reconnect the wires. It is 2 speed and reversible. Also has 6 terminals an 6 wires. Only marked U,U1,V,V1,W,andW1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 467345View attachment 467346
IMG_1272.jpeg
If no wire diagram. Use an ohm meter and try and match which wire go to each coil in the motor. Being two speed complicates things some. A two speed motor should have two sets of windings. Look on the motor id plate and check to see if it is a dual voltage motor also. Hopefully one of the electrical whiz’s will step up and give a better answer. It would help it you could show the motor Id plate.
I added a picture of the data plate. Sorry I overlooked that

So just a single voltage, that's good.
The open and short designations that don't match the tags on the wires makes my head hurt.
I'm very curious to see how this works out.

The name plate where it says connect shows which wires to hook up for each speed of the motor. It is a single voltage motor that helps things. You will have to trace the wires back to the control box and figure out which wires are hot on the low speed and which are hot on the high speed.

The name plate where it says connect shows which wires to hook up for each speed of the motor. It is a single voltage motor that helps things. You will have to trace the wires back to the control box and figure out which wires are hot on the low speed and which are hot on the high speed.
Will continuity show which are connected to the high and low speed buttons?

The high and low speed buttons probably operate a magnetic starter. Try looking in the control box and follow the wires back from the motor and see what they connect to.

Back