Jet 1024 PGH

Edited:
as a real life test, connect U1, V1, W1 to the upper 3 motor terminals from left to right
sequence is not important yet
The U,V, and W motor terminals need to have a jumper wire attached, with all 3 terminals connected.
plug the lathe in and attempt to operate the lathe
if everything is ok with the motor and the control system the motor should start in the high, 3450 RPM range

OR

Disconnect the U,V, and W motor jumper wires if they were installed on the above test
Connect U,V,W to the lower 3 motor terminals (sequence doesn't matter for this test)
and insulate separately U1,V1,W1 so they do not contact ground or other wiring
connect lathe to power and attempt to start, if everything is OK with the motor and the control system, the motor should run in the 1740 rpm range

if the motor runs in reverse in either test,
simply swap any 2 like identified wires ( i.e U,W or V,W) OR (W1 and U1, or U1 and V1)

Last edited:
as a real life test, connect U1, V1, W1 to the upper 3 motor terminals from left to right
sequence is not important yet
put a #10 screw through terminals U,V,W and use a nut to retain the screw and insulate with tape for testing purposes
plug the lathe in and attempt to operate the lathe
if everything is ok with the motor and the control system the motor should start in the high, 3450 RPM range

OR

Connect U,V,W to the lower 3 motor terminals (sequence doesn't matter for this test)
and insulate separately U1,V1,W1 so they do not contact ground or other wiring
connect lathe to power and attempt to start, if everything is OK with the motor and the control system, the motor should run in the 1740 rpm range

if the motor runs in reverse in either test,
simply swap any 2 like identified wires ( i.e U,W or V,W) OR (W1 and U1, or U1 and V1)
Thank you I will try that when I get a chance.

If the reversing switch is original and functional then you should be able to hook up all 6 wires and go.
U1, V1, W1 to the upper 4,5,6 terminals and
U,V,W to the lower ones
If there is a problem with the switch then you might need to test the two speeds separately as Mike suggested above
However in the first test it's the 3 lower motor terminal posts that need to be shorted together not the wires themselves
The motor's data plate shows the connection scheme

Last edited:
If the reversing switch is original and functional then you should be able to hook up all 6 wires and go.
U1, V1, W1 to the upper 4,5,6 terminals and
U,V,W to the lower ones
If there is a problem with the switch then you might need to test the two speeds separately as Mike suggested above
However in the first test it's the 3 lower motor terminal posts that need to be shorted together not the wires themselves
Ok that sounds great. All switches and controls are original. Would this configuration have had any link bars?

Back