Resolved "jump to new"?

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Today I noticed the site do something I haven't seen before. Instead of going to the first unread thread when I click on a new post, it goes to the first post. One of the things I really like about the site software is that I can start where I left off on long threads. Is there a way to recapture that capability? It only seems to be an issue on my PC. My iPads still work go to the first unread thread.

Well now I'm even more befuddled. The behavior seems random. It starts at the beginning on some threads, and where I left off on others.

Upvote 0
Instead of going to the first unread thread when I click on a new post, it goes to the first post.

First, I think that you meant post where you wrote thread and thread where you wrote post in your first post above.

I haven't experienced that problem today. If I'm not mistaken, the feature that actually keeps up with what to put in Bold and what not to and whether you have looked at the new posts in whatever thread you open is using cookies that are of course stored on the local machine. Try clearing cookies on your machine and then wait a little for some new posts to be made and then try it..

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem, but only when going to the POTD-Project of the Day" thread. Whenever I click on the latest post in the side bar it always goes to the very first post by HMF. I then have to click on the last page and scroll down to the latest post. I've been to this thread dozens if not hundreds of times, but each time I have to go through the same routine.

Upvote 0
Instead of going to the first unread thread when I click on a new post, it goes to the first post.

First, I think that you meant post where you wrote thread and thread where you wrote post in your first post above.

I haven't experienced that problem today. If I'm not mistaken, the feature that actually keeps up with what to put in Bold and what not to and whether you have looked at the new posts in whatever thread you open is using cookies that are of course stored on the local machine. Try clearing cookies on your machine and then wait a little for some new posts to be made and then try it..
You are correct--my terms were mixed up. I'll flush my cookies and see what happens.

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem, but only when going to the POTD-Project of the Day" thread. Whenever I click on the latest post in the side bar it always goes to the very first post by HMF. I then have to click on the last page and scroll down to the latest post. I've been to this thread dozens if not hundreds of times, but each time I have to go through the same routine.
ProjectNut, that and the "what did you buy" threads still work for me for some reason. When it does put me at the first post there is a button that says something like "go to most recent".

Upvote 0
Hmmm. That isn't what you want, either. That would just be the last post in the thread.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. That isn't what you want, either. That would just be the last post in the thread.
It seems to have the same function as I was normally getting before, i.e. taking me to the first unread thread.

Here is what I see this morning on a thread from November...
1608832002306.png

When I click on jump to new, it took me to the last post as you said...
1608832052662.png

Upvote 0
Here's another example...
1608832120523.png

This time it took me to the next post after the last post I viewed on Dec 14...
1608832174508.png

Upvote 0
Just cleared cookies and it's still happening, but not on all pages...
1608832447959.png

This is another thread where the "jump to new" took me to the first unread post...
1608832494823.png

Upvote 0
Back