Resolved "jump to new"?

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Today I noticed the site do something I haven't seen before. Instead of going to the first unread thread when I click on a new post, it goes to the first post. One of the things I really like about the site software is that I can start where I left off on long threads. Is there a way to recapture that capability? It only seems to be an issue on my PC. My iPads still work go to the first unread thread.

Well, "jump to new" should take you to the earliest unread post.

Upvote 0
I’m now seeing the same behavior on my iPad?

Upvote 0
Where is this "Jump To New" button that you are referring to?

Note that you only get one shot at any of this. Once you have opened a thread, it is no longer considered as new, whether you displayed all of it or actually read any of it or not.

Upvote 0
Where is this "Jump To New" button that you are referring to?
Screenshot_2020-12-30 Working On It - Why the # of posts per page changed from 40 to 10 .png

Robert, top right corner in the navigation buttons of this screen shot. The thing is, you won't see this button if you have read the last post. The software "knows" if you have been there or not. So if you visit the post I'm referring to here, see the first post I'm showing you here, then go to the end and then come back to this first post, that button will be gone.

I'll go to the developer page and see what is up with this feature and how it is "supposed" to work in the words of the developer - but I think I accurately described it here.

Upvote 0
Thanks for checking. I haven't noticed it for quite a while. Was it fixed, or did it magically go away?

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not going to say it was fixed, because I actually didn't do anything? Sometimes these problems resolve themselves! Gotta love those Gremlins!

Upvote 0
Back