Just bought a ABC Bridgeport style mill.

nice score! great work in restoring it!

nice score! great work in restoring it!
Thanks! I picked up a kurt vise a while back and am still waiting for it to arrive but I'll use the vise that is on it. I think it's going to be a great mill for me!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If I didn't know better...…..

Jet JTM-2 from the '80.s

Really curious as to what you placed in the gear boxes in the way of grease?
Jet told me (on the phone) to pack mine with plain gun grease.

Attachments

• DSCN7544.JPG
    DSCN7544.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • Resized_20190401_181310.jpeg
    Resized_20190401_181310.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
If I didn't know better...…..

Jet JTM-2 from the '80.s

Really curious as to what you placed in the gear boxes in the way of grease?
Jet told me (on the phone) to pack mine with plain gun grease.
Looks just like it! I downloaded a jet manual. It has the one piece x-y nut casting kind of like the bridgeport. That's the inly off thing I've found with this one, that they're separate.

I had some mobil ep2 grease so i just used it. Hopefully it's fine. Lol

Jeff

@zamboni2354 , Please check that the EP grease has no sulfur additives in it... The sulfur leaches the copper from bras/bronze and leaves the surface to crumble. Otherwise non-sulfur EP greases are just fine.

Got the y axis scale mounted. The x axis scale i have is for a 46 overall length with 36 inch read. I need a 30 in read, 40 inch OAL, so the x axis will have to wait until i find someone to trade with or sell this one and buy the one I need.

Unfortunately the casting wasn't straight so i wasn't able to put the guard flush against it. It'll work but im sure ill be getting metal stuck in the gaps. I might fill it....

Attachments

• 0111202220_HDR.jpg
    0111202220_HDR.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 0111202220d.jpg
    0111202220d.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 0111202221.jpg
    0111202221.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 0111202221_HDR.jpg
    0111202221_HDR.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 18
This happens on a lot of installations. What I did on my machines was to run a bead of silicone calk along the topside, to prevent chip buidup and make cleaning easier.

This happens on a lot of installations. What I did on my machines was to run a bead of silicone calk along the topside, to prevent chip buidup and make cleaning easier.

Thanks, that sounds like the way to go.

Jeff

I also picked up some way covers. I just noticed the front one is wide enough to cover the area. I'll check the rear one when i get home. If that's the case then i should be good to go!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Back