Just Ordered

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I need a larger mill for quick jobs around the shop, I wanted a Clausing 8520, don't have room for a BP or clone. Anyway with the shortage of American iron out here in Colorado.($4500+ for a Clausing when you can find one). I went with the PM-932M-PDF, I think it will serve me well for my needs. I have a G0704 that has 4 axis CNC on it, and enclosed for CNC projects. Which works great for most work. It is pain to do every thing on a CNC, for little quickie stuff and hogging steel. I needed a heaver machine, so I called Matt and it is on its way today. I'm thinking a 2-3 horse with VFD asap. I have a 3 axis DRO to put on it as well.
Stay tuned
CH

Congrats!

Yea I saw that CL listing for the 8520 (that's been on there for months...). I would say the guy is probably on drugs, but in this state that could be very true! ;)

May I ask why you didn't opt for the new 940? I had a similar mill, the CO 12z, and really liked having that extra travel in the Y axis. Just being nosy. :D

Congrats!

Yea I saw that CL listing for the 8520 (that's been on there for months...). I would say the guy is probably on drugs, but in this state that could be very true! ;)

May I ask why you didn't opt for the new 940? I had a similar mill, the CO 12z, and really liked having that extra travel in the Y axis. Just being nosy. :D
I looked at the 940 but could not find much info or reveiws from owners, so went with the 932 which I found lot of reveiws on. Also my DRO that I have 2 of the scales is to short for the 940 so that would be over $200. More to get new ones. So the 932 won out, only reason.
CH

Sounds like that should that should serve you well. Where in the state is Falcon? Don't recall hearing the name before. Mike

I believe Falcon is east of Colorado Springs?

Wow. Just got an update it will be here this Monday. I have to say Presion Mathews customer service is ever bit as good as I'v herd already have the owners manual in PDF, and invoice. So it will be here Monday morning. PM has it all #1 service, price and features. They have my loyalty.
CH

CO and Matt (owner) are top shelf in my book. I would have no problems buying a machine sight unseen from Matt, based solely on his recommendations. But then I already have a relationship with Matt after having bought three of his machines. I wouldn't do the same with anyone else/any other company.

It is here unloaded, inboxed and ready for me to start with the setup. We have a winter storm coming in tonight so won't get much done for a while. Next is to get good vise for it. I think the Shars 550V should do nicely. Will post a pix when get home tonight.
CH
PS Shars is out of 550V vise and it will be mid April or later before they have one.
Any vise suggestions, I will consider?
CH

Last edited:
Here is Pix so everyone that is like me, love Pix. To day we are having 40-60 mph wind and snow note how nice it was yesterday in the pix. 70 F and calm.
CH
109.jpg
110.jpg
112.jpg

Reactions: jer
Back