Just Ordered

Nice! Hope you got it all inside where it's somewhat dry and warm. We currently have about .25 mile visibility and blizzard conditions. Wonderful Spring in CO! :confused 3::mad:

Hey CO, have you got that 932 running yet? I want one of those, or a 727, pretty bad.

Hey CO, have you got that 932 running yet? I want one of those, or a 727, pretty bad.
Hi
Not yet I'm building a base with the 1100# casters with leveler pads.. I'm 6'3" so using 4x4 1/4 wall tubing get the table closer to my old eyes and don't have bend over so far. I added 4" to each side for stability and 2" to front and back. That should give me a good wide stance. Plus I can move it, if needed. I' ll get some pix posted as get further along. Need to do the wiring also. I"m old move much slower that used too.;).
CH
PS
I did buy a Little Machine Shop 5" swivel base vise and it looks like a great vise for the money. I did a little work with a hard Arkansas stone to brake the sharp edges. Some were very sharp. Other than that it is well worth the price .
CH

Last edited:
I understand the getting older part I retired the first of 2015. I'm only 5'6" so I might not need to raise a mill. I'll have to wait until I decide which one to get and go from there. I want a 932, I'm sure it would do what I want to do. A 727 probably would too. I've got 8 weeks to decide if I want a 727, the 932 is in stock.

I have looked at that vice too, good value. I'm just down the road if you want to show it off, or need a second pair of hands. :grin:

Just from my limited experience with hobby machining, is get the largest your budget and space allow. I just don't have room or I would have got a Bridgeport J head with a 3ph motor. I didn't even really have room for next size up PM machine. That is way I'm making a base with rollers to if need be I maybe swap space around if it don't have enough space where it is now. Size really is under rated.
CH

Back