K&T Autometric Horizontal boring mill

catmechanic

Registered
Registered
HELP!!
I just came across this Horizontal boring mill and it followed me home. It is a Autometric model B #56749. She seems to be in fair condition, but I haven't had any luck finding a book. If somebody out there has a book , I would gladly pay for a copy. I got power to it this afternoon and just jogged spindel to chk for life, it lives! If this thread belongs in another section please let me know, thank you.

Have you checked the vintage machinery website and asked for help on Practical Machinist forum? Heck how about some pictures of the machine?

Well of all things I found a book on Amazon for $45, which seems a little high but doable. I have tried to post pictures but I am computer stupid. The book says it is for 1953 which I haven't been able to ascertain for sure. Mine has V ways as opposed to Round ways. I have determined there may be a problem with transmission. All gears seem to engage well but in 2 of the neutral positions gears are scrubbing when turning the spindle by hand. Transmission looks like a bearcat to get out. Drained and cleaned lube sump, pretty nasty but no chunks.

It seems to me there are a few threads on Practical Machinist web site about the KT horizontal boring machines, you may want to look there and see what you find......

Back