Kennedy chest

B

Brento

Forum Guest
Register Today
Im looking at this kennedy chest for 200 OBO from craigslist what do you guys think about it? Id say the chest may be worth it. How hard would it be to check over the mics and clean them up (atleast to clean up the rust coating since we dont know how they work from a picture)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Looks like a good deal, I'd offer $150 an see if they bite.

The value is mainly the tool box itself and then the micrometers maybe. The tool chest alone i cant find in my area without buying new for a big price.

I have 4 Kennedy’s one like that , if I had to do it again I would go with somthing with roller bearing slides.
Kennedy’s are ok if you don’t have too much weight in the drawers , I have too much and the drawers can be hard to open at times.

Around here, Kennedy boxes turn up all the time at a range of prices. The problem with deals like that is you wind up buying stuff
you probably weren't looking for in the first place. Do you really need two more 1" mics, a dozen spring calipers and some punches
and files? If you do, then it might be worth it depending on what Kennedy boxes sell for in your area. If not, then you'll clutter up
your tool box with stuff you never intended to buy and overpay in the process. Unless that's a good deal on the box alone, I'd pass.
(Or buy a roller slide equipped Craftsman and use the savings for more tools you really need.)

Thanks everyone i appreciate the help. Currently talking with MMC right now.

Model 536 . 8 drawer machinist chest . Keys and great shape . Felt great shape too ! 27" long . $135 . Somehow I will put your other tools into it and I'll investigate what shipping would cost .

IMG_8679.JPG

IMG_8680.JPG

IMG_8681.JPG

IMG_8682.JPG

Back