Knee Mill ,crank Handle

Thanks for all the info unfortunately I don't have a rotary table " yet " but one is on the list, could a super spacer do the same thing ?.

I used Frank's method for mine as well. The only tricky part was since I only have a 8" Super Spacer, I needed to line up most of the 40 degree cuts by using the scale (I did use the 0,120 and 240 indexes though). I made one for here and one for the prototype shop at work. I figured our Machinist is nice enough to let a couple of us engineers moonlight as "assistant machinists", I'd make him one too. Plus he was the one who gave me the idea of bidding on that surplus Bridgeport when we moved two years ago :)

Sure you could do it with a SS but it would be much simpler with a rotary table. My boy made one Saturday after watching the Mr Pete video.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449785180.136077.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449785221.573530.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449785315.032666.jpg

It was a fun quick project for him.

I though this was a clever idea.

There ya go. All the above is correct and good, but this is only a tool. Not a show piece.
Tools get dropped banged on. No need for overkill for this, use aluminum & no batt
drill will break it. I bet from the youngest to the oldest won't notice or care as long
as it goes up and down. I would use alum or brass pins with locktite. Secret is,
is the bore and the face. With the two faces together, (pins in) thats the shear point.
Closer to the shear point the stronger it gets. Bet my life 3 or 4 pins will do it .
This is fine for small work / (drill) but with an inline 6 or V8 in my case, a batt drill aint
going to happen: I only last about 5-6 cranks & gotta sit down...and thats two arms a
crankin. I apologize for those wanting an exercise, but I feel this just a tool.
sam

I chucked a 3/4 drill directly on the shaft and the drill stalled but this is big mill.

Nice looking crank adapter. I made one as well. Laser cut hole location for the notches and then welded dowels in place. Chucked to a 1/2" electric Milwaukee drill. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back