KO Lee Tool & Cutter grinder grinding wheel question?

Technical Ted

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've been checking out some specs on KO Lee T&C grinders. Some models have a separate motor and belt driven spindle. Appears the grinding wheel arbor size is 5/8".

For you that run these, do you buy wheels (straight, cup, dish, etc.) with a 5/8" hole or do you make/buy adapters so you can run the more standard 1-1/4" wheels?

Comments welcome, Thanks.
Ted

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a KO lee cutter grinder and yes I use a spacer to run 1-1/4" wheels and it works great.... The spacer came with the machine, its plastic but you can use whatever you have on hand.... When I need to make one for a different thinner wheel I will most likely use delrin or aluminum....

I have been thinking about making an adapter for surface grinder arbors to mount on the KO Lee.....

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock