KO Lee Work Head Dividing Plates to make

yukon_rose

Registered
Registered
I have a KO Lee sensitive work head model B942 that came with several dividing heads. They are 4, 6. 8, 24 and 28 divisions.

I had a project that required a 36 division head. So I contacted LeBlond (who bought the KO Lee assets) to see if they had one in inventory. They didn't but said they would make one for $500. I declined and decided to make my own.

I bought enough steel to make that one plus 4 more. So I now have the 36 division one made and the project completed.

And I have 4 more blanks.

What number of divisions would you pick to make with the remaining 4 blanks?

Gary

I think it probably depends on what you think you might want to do. You've got a full range up to 8 there, beyond which you're picking large numbers or primes and mostly getting duplicates of what you can already index down in the lower range. 9, 10, 11 or multiples of might useful...

What do you use it for? Be interested to see it!

What do you use it for?
I typically do 1-off sorts of stuff but I never know what's next. So "versatility" is the key word here. I was thinking that 1 disc should be a 40 divisions one since I don't have a way to do a 5-sided piece yet.

Gary.

Check flea bay. There are several KO Lee index plates lsted.

Check flea bay. There are several KO Lee index plates lsted.
Thanks. That was quite helpful. I noticed that all of them have an even number of positions. Should I consider making 1 (or more) with an odd number?

Gary

Back