Kohler 241S- Removing Crankshaft

woody

now. back to the intake valve? compression release.

how do i eliminate it?

i don't want it 'coming into action'

when i floor it and am burning rubber with

those 12" slicks!:)

Have A Nice Day!

I am not for sure you can on a kohler engine and expect it run right, the pressure relief works off the cam i believe when your exaust valve is open your pressure relief kicks in at high rpms and vice versa if engine is at idle, kinda works like a governor on principle, i think, dont quote me on this:thinking:mac

look at your manual find your pressure relief diagram, trace each part if none of the parts interfears with your timing or points you should be able to eliminate it at your cam:thinking:mac

woody

so you're saying you want me to try it first!:)

'see if Mikey likes it!'

ok. i'm going in!

Have A Nice Day!

woody

now. back to the intake valve? compression release.

how do i eliminate it?

i don't want it 'coming into action'

when i floor it and am burning rubber with

those 12" slicks!:)

Have A Nice Day!

If you really want to remove it and your camshaft looks like figure 9-1 in the manual you will have to remove the camshaft from the engine and remove the weights and the tab that's shown and then reinstall the camshaft. But as previously stated, it will be very hard to crank.

To remove the crankshaft, look in section 10 of the manual. It has the complete dis-assembly instructions.

One place to look for help is the Cub Cadet tractor pull and racing lawn mower websites and forums.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to use this engine for. Maybe I missed it somewhere before I stumbled on this post.

Good luck with it and have fun..

mow

Back