Kurt vise jaw bolt spacing vs. Bridgeport vise jaw bolt spacing

tfleming

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Does anyone know if the bolt hole spacing is the same for a 6" Kurt vise and a 6" Bridgeport vise?

I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt it...

If you are wondering if the jaws will interchange, they will not... the Bridgeport vise is deeper, IIRC, and the BP jaws have tapped holes, where the Kurt jaws are counterbored.

-Bear

I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt it...

If you are wondering if the jaws will interchange, they will not... the Bridgeport vise is deeper, IIRC, and the BP jaws have tapped holes, where the Kurt jaws are counterbored.

-Bear
Thanks. There are a set of jaws with a built-in adjustable stop for 6" Kurt vise and I was hoping they would fit.

My BP vise came to me with the jaws missing... I never managed to locate a pair, so I just machined a set of aluminum soft jaws for it. A set of hardened jaws are on the to-do list, but not a priority... I have a Kurt and an Enco also, so don't really need the BP...

-Bear

My BP vise came to me with the jaws missing... I never managed to locate a pair, so I just machined a set of aluminum soft jaws for it. A set of hardened jaws are on the to-do list, but not a priority... I have a Kurt and an Enco also, so don't really need the BP...

-Bear
I dislike the BP vises after using Kurt’s for 30yrs.

They were good for their time, but even Bridgeport was supplying their machines with Kurt vises for years before they went under.

I dislike the BP vises after using Kurt’s for 30yrs.

They were good for their time, but even Bridgeport was supplying their machines with Kurt vises for years before they went under.

I agree, but...

If you don't have a Kurt, or if you need a second vise, the BP vises are actually pretty good...

-Bear

Back