Lagun Ft-2

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Where are these made? Are parts still available?

Most of Lagun is Spain. But like most companies, bet there are other sites of manufacture (Asia)

Quality manufacturer and parts are still available. pretty sure you can just google for the vendor out of California.

Found a FT-2 in excellent condition, owner says it's made in Spain, larger than a BP and more rigid. Not sure where I'd put this thing, but thinking about it. Thanks.

Thanks for the encouragement Brooks...

Wanna drive up and pick up El Hefe? ;)

Go get it Bill, you know you want it. Those are nice machines.

Go get it Bill, you know you want it. Those are nice machines.

That's what I hear. General consensus is it's a really good quality machine, very accurate and a step up from a standard BP of that timeframe. Just found a few specs on it:

9x48 table, X-axis travel is 30", Y-axis travel is 16" (!), Z is 16". It's a variable speed head that is very quiet, and a two-owner mill that has spent it's entire life in two residential garages doing light hobby stuff.

But this horse weighs between 2700-2800 lbs.! Yikes! And I'd have to get yet another VFD to drive this 3 phase thingie (sorry...no RPCs in my garage) And I'd have to sell El Hefe as it would have to go right where he sits. (sigh)

Last edited:
That is a good solid machine. I would get it in a heartbeat.

"Billy G"

Back