Lagun FTV-2s

He has plenty of mills, a Cincinnati and a Bridgeport...........

My opinion . Go get it tonight . Stop posting on here , take him cash , try to haggle him for a minute , and buy it ! No kidding , that is a steal at that price .

He has plenty of mills, a Cincinnati and a Bridgeport...........
Both the BP and the Lagun would sell for the same price around here . $3200 - $3400 so it may be your preference for one or the other . I've owned both over the years . I loved the Lagun but kept my BP only because I have tons of tooling for it . Either way , That Lagun is worth every penny at his asking price . :encourage:

The others aren't for sale. Just interesting to see 3 in a home shop. Advice taken, we has a tentative agreement already, i just asked for time to get my power issues solved with the lathe I purchased in November first.

I'll see if he'll put the vise back in the package or add some tooling.

I'm with mmcmdl, that's a great buy, and I'd jump on that!

So , as you may know , I'm going after a complete shop at the moment . There are a couple FTV-1s in there , as well as a couple more mills . 2 or 3 lathes , one being a 16" Victor . All tooling would go with all machines . I guess you haven't seen pics of my garage when loaded up with everything in the past . :grin: I have 3 Kurt vises up here now and have 2 of them posted below if he's not willing to throw one on the mill . I move this equipment very fast ( when trying to ) I will say . I'll make a few bucks while it keeps me busy , but like I said , that Lagun won't be around long at that price . Pack up the pickup ! And best of luck getting it . ;)

Last edited:
Don't worry about the dro being only x and y. I have a 3 axis dro on my mill and the scale on z quit. So I bought a mituoyo quill digital scale and put on. Works great.

I'd jump on the mill. Mine is a clone of it. I had a bridgeport and it was just not rigid enough for what I do.
And I've got 3 times the horsepower with this mill.

Alright guys, I'm thankful for the advice, I'll move up the purchase date from in the near future to soon.

Back