Lathe Light

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The Grizzly G0750G lathe comes with a halogen light.
I wanted a whiter light that covered a larger area than the supplied halogen.
The light was from an accessory light for an ATV.

Lathe light.jpg
20170327_143339.jpg 20170327_143350.jpg

The new light provides a bright white area illumination.

chips&more

Active User
Registered
Looooookin good! I have a $20 (on sale from Costco) LED 2 tube 4 foot fixture that is above my lathe. I’m happy too.

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Is that lamp articulated arm a standard option from Grizzly?

No, the articulated arm was home built. The photo is the drawing for the arm. If you need it send me PM and I can email the drawing in PDF or DWG file that you could modify as needed for your own machine.

master of none

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I have basically the same led light may be a little smaller works very good except I get a shadow on the right side,I need a better articulated arm like the one you have would solve the problem.Some where down the road I'll have to make one.

Boswell

Hobby Machinist since 2010
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I really disliked the task light I added to my lathe when it was mounted to the splash guard. As the carriage moved, the light was never in the right place. I finally found a magnetic base high intensity lamp. I stick it on the far end of the cross slide and it shines right at the end of the tool and stays that way as the carriage moves about

Boswell

Hobby Machinist since 2010
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This is what I use. I have several. However I paid much less than what Amazon shows. magnetic base task light. Mag base task light on Amazon. I bought several about 8 or 9 years ago. I have one on the Lathe, Vertical Bandsaw and a tool chest. I think if I was going to buy another now, I would go with LED.

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Thank you...

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock