Learned somthing today.

JoatTX

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a Wards powerkraft 84-tlc2130 that I have had for a few years gathering dust in my shop.

When I got it it had a face plate, dead center in the tail stock and a couple of lathe dogs. No tool holder of any kind. I was able to get a bison 3 jaw for it and with the help of a buddy, got the back plate fit to it. Put an aloris AXA QCTP on it and started learning.

Lately I learned that I need to stay off ebay. In the past 3 weeks I bought a Logan precision collet closer and not 1, but 2, 6" Buck 4 jaw chucks.

I can justify one of the chucks, the second chuck is a little more difficult to rationalize, and the collet closer not at all. Luckily the collet closer came with 8 collets with most of them in sizes that I can see using, someday, maybe...

At least I'm learning something from this hobby. LOL

Just wait until you buy more machinery just because the price is right , and necessity is no longer considered

If only i had space or the money to buy more machinery myself. Id love a surface grinder. Have no use for one exactly but would still love one lol. I myself need to stay off the interwebs or i would keep buying. Im still in search of a cheap tool box and plus still need some 3c collets, a 5c collet block and some mt2 collets for my mill. The list goes on!

You'll thank yourself for getting the collet set eventually, even if you don't see a need for it now.
-Mark

If only i had space or the money to buy more machinery myself. Id love a surface grinder. Have no use for one exactly but would still love one lol. I myself need to stay off the interwebs or i would keep buying. Im still in search of a cheap tool box and plus still need some 3c collets, a 5c collet block and some mt2 collets for my mill. The list goes on!
I'll keep my eye out for you Brent , and you know I can deliver ! :grin:

I bought a 2MT (and a 3MT) collet set from CTC in Hong Kong. Quality was good. One thing that I will point out about MT collets in general is that they typically come in 1/16" increments. So as a general statement, they do not give continuous coverage for holding over their size range. So they cannot replace chucks in general.

I have an ER system in 2MT bc of that reason. I would still like to have the full set though.

OK. I'll bite. How can you have an ER set "in 2MT"?

It is basically a collet chuck with a 2MT shank that will go into the spindle.

Back