Leather flat belt

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
The leather belt on my lathe broke and I pulled apart the little crimp splice thing and put it back on. I had to shorten the belt a little. Im going to need a new belt one of these days and would rather get it now instead of when it break at the worst moment possible.

I would assume a lot of older machines used flat belts. Is there something I can get instead of leather?

I used a piece of multi-ply rubber belting from Tractor Supply.....for AG machinery. They sell it by the foot. I have a vice/crimper/lacer if you need to borrow one. Where the hell is Baroda anywho?

I used a piece of multi-ply rubber belting from Tractor Supply.....for AG machinery. They sell it by the foot. I have a vice/crimper/lacer if you need to borrow one. Where the hell is Baroda anywho?

I would have figured you knew where baroda is because they sell T shirts here thats says WHERE THE HELL IS BARODA? If your more then 15 miles away nobody knows where baroda is. Its in the SW corner of the state, about 15 miles north of indiana and about 5 miles from lake MI.

I have no idea where beverly hills is.

I saw your tractor pic and wondered what the model # was. One fifty something popped into my head!......the geezer effect.

I saw your tractor pic and wondered what the model # was. One fifty something popped into my head!......the geezer effect.

I figured you meant model number but I never heard of any 15. Its a 484, has a 3 cyl diesel. I rebuilt the whole tractor back in 2008.

Back