Leather starrett box troubles

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
Does any one know how to stop it from disintegrating the leather is turning into dust dirtying the felt in my new tool box and the mic was my great-grandmothers so I want to preserve it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Leather seat creams are available for auto seats....

the mic was my great-grandmothers
Interesting. I half read “great-grandfather” before realizing that’s not what you said. If you don’t mind my asking, what did your great-grandmother do to require owning a micrometer? Wartime factory work maybe, or actually a civilian machinist? Just curious, you don’t have to say if you’d rather not.

-frank

Interesting. I half read “great-grandfather” before realizing that’s not what you said. If you don’t mind my asking, what did your great-grandmother do to require owning a micrometer? Wartime factory work maybe, or actually a civilian machinist? Just curious, you don’t have to say if you’d rather not.

-frank
She worked at synthane they made laminated products and she working in the repair department and my great grandfather worked there too when he first started he was given a 12 inch starrett rule from one of the employees who was retiring and it is from 1924 and I have tons of other tools from them I learned a lot from my great grandfather he taught me so much.

Edit: synthane made laminated plastic

Back