Left hand or right hand?

Which side of your mill is the DRO mounted, explain pros and cons

• Total voters
Bridgeports / mills on the right , lathes on the left above the headstock . Pretty much industry standard .

Mine is on the right only because that is where it was when I bought it.
With the layout of the mills controls it would be cumbersome to have it on the left.

Not being able to text with multiple fingers on both hands (like my Granddaughter does), I need to use my right forefinger on the DRO screen so it’s on the right, where the Z-Axis and X-Axis also are (X power feed is on the left).

All machines are could be made as a mirror image but they are made to suit right handed people. The dro on the mill is used with the right hand. My lathe however has the dro above the headstock so used with my left hand, I guess there is nowhere else to put it without leaning over the bed to use it.

Mine will soon be on both the right and left of the mill.

I plan on using one tablet for both the lathe and mill and will make a swinging bracket so it can go from the right side of the mill to the left side where the lathe is.

Mine will soon be on both the right and left of the mill.

I plan on using one tablet for both the lathe and mill and will make a swinging bracket so it can go from the right side of the mill to the left side where the lathe is.
How do you plan on switching over the scales software?

Put it on the left on my round column simply because there is way too much going on to the right......quill feed handle and head locking lever take up a lot of swing. On the left I hand to put it out of the way of the head level crank, but up there toward the front its easy to see from either side of the machine anyway since the table is only 21".

How do you plan on switching over the scales software?
Touch DRO, and I should be able to just tap on the blue teeth icon and toggle back and forth between the readers.

Back