Left Handed Drills?

Funny you should say that! I have been working the power tools like never before, making up and installing door frames and oak doors. Because of the way some hang, I find myself having to deploy the left hand operation, it being easier than some awkward other re-arrangement of the limbs. Not only for hinges. Left handed hammer onto wood chisel too!

There is no question that after a lifetime of right-handed muscle memory operation, left hand is at a disadvantage, but not insurmountable if you pay attention. I don't go left handed just for the hell of it, but I can, to an extent, when I need to.

I am OK when upside down, so long as the bolt has to go upwards. I get in a bit of a knot if I am up top, and the bolt has to tighten up from under, or if I am on the floor looking up, and the nut is up there on top, and the set on the darn socket wrench ratchet needs to go counter-clockwise so it can tighten. :confused 3:

That's awesome that you can! I on the other hand am completely useless with my left hand, haha! I used to work on cars so I'm used to working on cars upside down..... under a lift or laying on the ground. I do envy those who are ambidextrous, well for using tools anyway, I wish I was.

That's awesome that you can! I on the other hand am completely useless with my left hand, haha! I used to work on cars so I'm used to working on cars upside down..... under a lift or laying on the ground. I do envy those who are ambidextrous, well for using tools anyway, I wish I was.
I understand that those who try TIG welding discover that they can relatively easily swap the hand holding the torch for the one feeding the filler rod, even if for most other things, the most the left hand does is steady the work.

Gee, I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I believe LH drills were originally used on some screw machnes.

Back