Lenox bandsaw blades

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm going to be looking for a 1" blade x118" Diemaster 2 10-14 TPI Lenox web site is showing up to 1/2". If I'm not mistaken I can go down to 3/4" with this guide setup. What vendors are popular?

I recently purchased several blades from this company: Bandsaw Blade Warehouse
One of the blades I purchased was a 3/4 x 144 x .035, 10-14 TPI, M-42 cobalt blade. Seems to be working well so far and I found their prices to be pretty good. Blades are made in Germany. You may want to check them out.

Ted

I get my bandsaw blades from --->https://www.marssupply.com/<---
I know it doesn't apply to you but the shipping was crazy fast for me. I called them to inquire about whether I could get a certain tooth blade. It was in the morning when I called and they welded up the blade and had it shipped that afternoon for me. I got it the next morning.

What size stock are you cutting that you feel you need a 10-14 TPI variable pitch blade? I do have a few, and they're great for small stuff. However if you're cutting anything over the 1" range they're god awful slow. Here's are some charts from the Ellis Saw Company with the recommended TPI for different size materials. I find I use the 8-12 TPI at least as much as the 10-14 TPI. Even with the smaller TPI I can take a nap when cutting any round stock over 2" in diameter.

tooth-selection-rectangular-solids
tooth-selection-pipe-tubing
tooth-selection-round-solids

You must have a nice big saw to take a 1" blade. What do you have?

I bought a 1948 Doall 16" it has the 1" blade on it. Awhile back I think I read I could use a 3/4" with this guide, but I'd have to confirm that. I do not have a confirmed list of what I will cut, but I would like SS to be on the list. I have not ordered anything so I'm open. It came with a Lennox classic he was using for copper, and brass, not sure of the TPI but it looks a little courser than 10/14.

Personally id go with the biggest blade possible.

Back