lenze 8200 vector vfd question

The Landshark

Active User
Registered
I picked up a 15hp lenze 8200 vector vfd, i was thinking of using it to run my lathe(7.5hp aeg motor 220/380) on 220v single phase,
when i power it up i get a low dc bus voltage warning, live is connected to L1, neutral to L2 and i tried it with live jumpered to L3 but no joy, needless to say it won't run the motor.
Anyone got any ideas, or did i get a dud unit.
thanks,
Jim

The Lenze 8200 requires 3 phase input. It has phase monitors on the input side. Sorry, you need a VFD that is rated for single phase input, or at least one that does not have input phase monitoring. Also check to make sure that the drive is rated for 240V, most of the ones I have seen are only rated for 400 V (380 V).

Hope this helps

I found the ratings under the keypad, its rated for 400-500v so that explains why the dc bus was low.
Ill have to see if I can find another more suitable one. Thanks for the reply.

Lenze 8200 series has been obsolete for several years now. I do not think even the factory offers any support on the 8200 series now. Their current series is called 8400 Highline, Stateline, Baseline & Topline. Lenze 8400 series covers vast majority of VFD application requirements.

Back