Lets see pictures of your kids and furry friends helping in the shop

Mark in Indiana

Active User
Registered
Hi Friends,

When my kids were young, they didn't have digital cameras like now, just 35mm photographs. However, I thought I'd share a picture of our grey cat inspecting a vise part with me. Anyone here have pictures of their little helpers you want to share?

P1010004.JPG

This is my buddy Toby, I rescued him back in 2006.
Katesphotos001.jpg

And the one behind Toby is our other rescue Annie. We've had her for 4 years now.

5fe29be3.jpg

Katesphotos001.jpg

5fe29be3.jpg

We have 3 rescue Shiba Inu, a girl and two boys. They are all pure bred, although the breeding for 2 of them is not good. First, our girl, Babe. She came from good stock. Her sin was to have her owners die. We drove from Arkansas to Oregon to get her.

HSM-2.jpg

And here are the two boys. Kuma on the right was a puppy mill reject. Baybe on the left was taken from an animal hoarder. His left paw is up because it was broken and never set. It is usable for some things, but not for walking. It is too short to touch the ground.

HSM-1.jpg

This is Baybe's rescue picture taken at the hoarder's house right after his bath.

EarlyBaybe.jpg

------ the rest of this --------
Not sure what happened. I guess I deleted more than I intended. Talking about or dogs gets pretty long winded.

The poor dogs don't get to come out and watch much since I switched from wood to metal. Steel swarf isn't good for their feet, and this breed has a penchant for tasting neat looking stuff like shiny aluminum shavings. They do like to watch. Baybe will scratch at the shop door so he can see what's going on. They do get to come out for a well supervised visit when I've cleaned up for the night. Every once in a while a lizard will sneak into the garage shop. The dogs make short work of them.

HSM-2.jpg HSM-1.jpg EarlyBaybe.jpg

Last edited:
this is Fragrance----I have never seen her working on my mill or lathe or drill press------heck--I didn't even know she knew her way around in there till I let her go from the squirrel trap and my wife laughed so hard when she ran and squeezed under the shop door---at least she must know me well enough to not spray me----Dave

critters 2014 (37).JPGcritters 2014 (41).JPG

I no longer leave the squirrel trap open at night anymore!

critters 2014 (37).JPG critters 2014 (41).JPG

A few pictures of Jethro the lathe dog and his partner in crime Ellie. I rescued him at five weeks old.Thats him under my desk sleeping . The brown one is Ellie .She wandered into the yard one day and never left. They are a tag team of tool and part thieves. I know that they have at least 2 hammers a few screwdrivers ,3 rolls of masking tape , a Ford water pump and my favorite 9/16s box end wrench under the house . When they ain't stealing my stuff they like to landscape the yard by digging holes and squirrel chasing . :digging:*************Just Saying********Gator*******:bash:

Jethro at 8 weeks 005.jpg jethro & ellie 010.jpg DSC_0064 (Large).JPG

Not the best pic. Zeus outside and Sunny peaking out under the frame of the speeder. They supervise very well, but not much help at all.

speederteardown 021.JPG

speederteardown 021.JPG

Well I don't have a picture of our cat helping me. She looks very similar to the OP's grey cat.

However my grand daughter loves working with "Pa" in the shop repairing clocks. Oh how I envy her small hands. She has no problem assembling all the components.

assembling strike & time 2 comp.jpg

David

assembling strike & time 2 comp.jpg

^^^ David:
It's great to see your granddaughter learning a skill and practicing shop safety.

Here is Tucker helping with a little exhaust work.

shopdog.jpg

shopdog.jpg

Back