Lets See Your Shop!

Such nice clean shops! I wonder how many actually do work other than cleaning ;)
Aaron

I'm sure many of us here, enjoy fine tuning and planning our shops at least as much as we enjoy the projects that we make. Some of these shops are works of art!

My garage is my workshop and it is in a constant state of evolution ever since we moved in 3 years ago.

This was my old dingy workspace, just one corner of a double garage that had to house my wife's car and my ever growing list of tools.

IMG_7714.JPG

3 years ago we upgraded to a new home with a second bay just for my stuff.

IMG_4163.JPG
IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_9897.JPG
IMG_3061.JPG
IMG_3062.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG
IMG_3787.JPG

Looks like you could use the rails for the garage door for a light duty overhead crane. Nice use of space and I love all the shiny metal table tops. Is the logo on the table to the right in the last picture sandblasted?

I've looked at doing a rail system with a small winch but the rafter design is less than ideal for load bearing and there are so many other obstacles that it's just not worth it. I have everything I need to add a single hoist point and am just waiting for a need before I commit to another hole.

I did a custom aluminum bed cover project a couple years ago and had ordered a sandblasting stencil with my company logo to finish it off. I sold the deck off before the stencils came in and so I used one on my bench so it wouldn't go to waste.

IMG_4983.JPG
IMG_4985.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG
IMG_4987.JPG
IMG_4989.JPG

I had the design for the deck in my head for over 7 years before I pulled the trigger to build it. I made one trip with it and traded the truck off for a stupid short bed and had to sell it off.

OCD Ski Deck (4).JPGOCD Ski Deck (5).JPG
OCD Ski Deck (9).JPG
IMG_3006.JPG

"3 years ago we upgraded to a new home with a second bay just for my stuff."

Your "stuff" seems to be multiplying. LOL Nice job of keeping it organized.

Just out of curiosity, what is the dimension between the tracks for the overhead doors? Not the width of either door, the distance between the two doors.

Nice layout! But it appears that "life" is invading your space to some extent.

PS - I noticed what looked like a sandblast cabinet under one of the benches. How easy is it to get it out and in a useful location?

I'd guess it's around 3-4 ft between the rails.

View attachment 356870

If the space is wide enough, I was thinking you could put a bay of heavy duty shelving (thinking pallet rack or similar) to take advantage of the volume from chest high to the ceiling for more storage space. YMMV

Thanks for posting the ski deck pictures. Trick set-up!

Back