Resolved "Like" button is not working properly

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
When I hover my pointer over "like" button I don't have a variety of options any more, I used to get 4 other options but lately (since a week ago or so) I only get "thumbs up" , which is fine with me , just wondering if I changed something or if it's just a glitch.

Rebooting didn't help, it's alright I shouldn't complain. as long as I can still acknowledge a post/comment by others, I'm happy.

Upvote 0
Very strange that it would be happening to you and not others. What are you running for operating system and browser?

Upvote 0
When I hover my pointer over "like" button I don't have a variety of options any more, I used to get 4 other options but lately (since a week ago or so) I only get "thumbs up" , which is fine with me , just wondering if I changed something or if it's just a glitch.
Your permissions haven't changed, so it isn't a result of changes there:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 08-16-15 Analyze permissions The Hobby-Machinist - Admin control panel.png

The "Thumbs Up" is just an icon, same as the other four icons, so they should be available. It is strange that they are not. I think a hard rest of your computer is in order. If that doesn't work, we will have to dig deeper on this.

Upvote 0
Very strange that it would be happening to you and not others. What are you running for operating system and browser?
I'm using the latest version of Chrome.
Your permissions haven't changed, so it isn't a result of changes there:

View attachment 421462

The "Thumbs Up" is just an icon, same as the other four icons, so they should be available. It is strange that they are not. I think a hard rest of your computer is in order. If that doesn't work, we will have to dig deeper on this.
a week ago I reformatted the windows10 and every thing is working fine, even the like options were there and were working as they should for the first few days but now the options are gone, it most likely is something I must look into on my side but since I'm not very tech savvy, I'll stay with what I got .
Thank you very much for taking the time to find an answer for me, it's very much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Alright, I think I know what had happened, I just switched my browser from chrome to edge, now all options for the like button is available and working, for some reason they are not available on chrome.
I just tested them in your posts, and they worked fine.

Upvote 0
Alright, I think I know what had happened, I just switched my browser from chrome to edge, now all options for the like button is available and working, for some reason they are not available on chrome.
I just tested them in your posts, and they worked fine.
A somewhat semi-religious debate is browser preference. I used to be a big fan of chrome, but after extremely slow performance, browser security and incessant privacy matters that kept creeping up, I switched to Firefox a long time ago and never looked back. Zero performance issues and very secure.

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Upvote 0
Back